ICHS Dog Behavior Helpline
Thanks to the generosity of local dog professionals, we are now able to offer free behavior & training advice for your canine companion! They can help you and your dog get past the little things that make life uncomfortable. While we can't promise to fix everything, we can help with tips and advice to get your dog over the rough spots & on the road to a more fulfilled life of good behavior.
They have developed some informational handouts for people adopting dogs from us that you may find useful for your own situation:
- The Truth About Positive Dog Training - Click here to learn more.
- "Good With Children" - How To Help Children and Dogs Live Safely and Happily Together - Click here to learn more.
- Training for Tinies - The Basics for your small dog - Click here to learn more.
- Living with the Reactive Dog - For the dog that barks at everything, jumps on visitors and is constantly on the move - Click here to learn more.
- Mine! Mine! Mine! - Resource Guarding in Dogs - Click here to learn more.
They have also offered their time. If you need some assistance with your dog, please contact any of these talented trainers for help. Please remember that these are volunteers so be patient. They will get back to you as soon as possible.
Here's to better behavior and more fun-filled time with your dog!!!
Special Thanks goes out to McConnell Publishing, who has donated books and is a great resource for improving your dog's behavior! Dr. Patricia McConnell and her additional information can be found at: www.patriciamcconnell.com
We have also worked with these local (e-collar) trainers for different dogs training needs: