Adoption Process and Application
Thank you for your interest in adopting! A wonderful selection of feline friends and canine companions are waiting for a home like yours at the Iowa County Humane Society! Please read below for the steps to meet our animals!
1. Complete the adoption application below. This speeds up the process considerably! Every effort will be made to approve an application as soon as possible but some applications may take longer to be processed. We recommend viewing the available animals on our website so we are able to answer any questions that you may have. It is important to be sure that the particular animal you have in mind is right for you and your family. You can see the adoptable cats by clicking here and the adoptable dogs by clicking here.
2. After your application is processed, one of our staff members will call you to answer any immediate questions you may have and set up a time to meet our adoptable animals.
- You must be at least 18 years old to adopt any animal from the shelter.
- Present photo identification with current address, pending the adoption of the animal.
- It is important to discuss adopting a new pet with all members. If you rent, you should also discuss a new companion with your landlord. Please make sure you understand any pet policies your landlord has.
Our Adoption Fees:
- Dog $250.00 and up
- Puppy (under 8 months of age) $400.00 and up
- Cat minimum donation $75.00
- Kitten (under 8 months of age) $100.00
- FIV & FELV Cats: $30.00
Adoption Cost includes:
- All dogs are vaccinated for distemper, and bordetella plus dewormed and heartworm tested prior to adoption. (Rabies is administered after 4 months of age)
- All cats are vaccinated for distemper, dewormed and FIV/FELV tested prior to adoption. (Rabies is administered after 4 months of age)
- All animals are spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
- All animals are Microchipped
Thank you for your interest in providing a forever home for our animals!