Serving the animals and citizens of Iowa County and its surrounding communities
There is nothing more satisfying than making a lasting difference in the life of an unwanted, homeless or abused animal. As an employee of the Iowa County Humane Society, you will be an important part of our team of dedicated staff who help give around 400 animals each year a chance for a new life in a loving home. If you have a passion for animals and their welfare, possess a positive, upbeat attitude and are a team player, you could be part of the ICHS mission of giving every animal the chance that it deserves!
Executive Director Needed
Iowa County Humane Society (ICHS) in Dodgeville, WI is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization. ICHS is a small animal shelter (intake of approximately 400 animals annually) with a no-kill philosophy that has contracts with several cities for stray animal holding and also handles humane investigations. Dodgeville is a picturesque city with excellent schools, a low cost of living, many recreation areas and a high quality of life. Median house price is $155,000.
The ED will report to the Board of Directors and lead the staff in the execution of ICHS’ mission. The ED will provide leadership across all operations and programs including hiring and management of staff, facilities, day-to-day administration, budgeting, training, purchasing, community outreach, marketing and fundraising. The ED will also develop and maintain policies and procedures for all staff functions; ensure fiscal responsibility over budgeting in collaboration with the Board Treasurer; determine staffing needs and maintain, develop and implement fundraising initiatives through donor relations, social media, grants and events.
Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will help to develop an overall strategy to achieve our long-term vision. This position is an outstanding professional opportunity to shape and build a strong and successful organization that will continue to serve the needs of our community for many years to come. Full-time. Salary $40K.
Requirements include previous experience in non-profit animal shelter management; knowledge and expertise in animal sheltering issues such as animal care, disease prevention, volunteer management, adoption issues and methods to decrease the length of stay; ability to coach staff and develop high-performance teams; strong marketing, social media, public relations and fundraising skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; and budget development. Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iowa County Humane Society is looking for a RELIABLE adult to work the AM shift, 20 to 30 hours a week. We work 7 days a week including holidays, typical hours 8AM to 1PM with some flexibility on start and end times.
Scope of the Position: The Kennel department is looking for two part time Animal Caretakers. Responsible for providing high quality care to the animals in the shelter. Duties include but are not limited to: daily cleaning of all animal cages and enclosures; providing daily water and appropriate diets to all animals; Communication with Manager regarding behavior and health concerns; handling and restraining animals in a safe and humane manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean and maintain all animal cages, providing proper animal husbandry, following established disease control protocols and using products in a timely manner.
• Provide food and water daily to all animals in accordance with established feeding protocols.
• Handle and restrain animals in a safe and humane manner.
• Promote the mental health of the animals by providing enrichment including exercise, walks, activities, and human companionship.
• Carefully observe animal health and behavior and provide proper communication of such with the Manager.
• Participate in behavior shaping/training of animals to enhance their adoptability.
• Ensure that all animals have blankets or appropriate bedding and toys at all times.
• Must be 18 years or older, with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• High school or equivalent education, with advanced training or experience with a wide variety of animals strongly preferred.
• Acquire and possess a thorough understanding of and dedication to the philosophies of animal welfare.
• Basic knowledge and ability to understand aspects of disease and the causes and treatment of animal-related problems.
• Critical evaluation and observation skills.
• Team oriented with good communication, and people skills.
• Must be able to perform repetitive tasks, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
• Must be able to squat, bend, reach, lift and carry 50 pounds safely, and be active on your feet for 5-6 hours
• Must be able to work in a kennel/shelter setting and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions.
Customer Service/Adoption Staff (PT)
Iowa County Humane Society (ICHS) is seeking part-time Customer Service/Adoption staff who will answer phones, answer office email, greet customers, process animal intakes and animal reclaims in PetPoint, perform owner surrender counseling, perform adoptions counseling and process adoptions in PetPoint during public hours. One Customer Service/Adoption staff member should be able to handle the office with the ED as the backup person.
Kennel Supervisor (Full Time)
Iowa County Humane Society (ICHS) is seeking a full-time Kennel Supervisor who will supervise all aspects of animal care, will help clean cages as needed, handle veterinary and spay/neuter scheduling, perform intake of animals (vaccinate, deworm, give brief exams, etc.), medicate animals, put medical and other information into PetPoint and assist customers as needed. This position may also provide once-a-month Volunteer orientation and training, as directed by the Executive Director.
We work every day including holidays and bad weather days so reliable transportation and an ability to be at work when scheduled is necessary.
For general employment opportunities, please contact Iowa County Humane Society at
(608) 935-1381 or email@example.com for more information or to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Use GoodSearch for internet searchs and earn money for ICHS
Shop using iGive and earn money for ICHS - More than 500 of your favorite stores!
We have chosen Kuranda dog beds because they are so good for our dogs. We don't have enough for all of our kennels. You can help by donating a bed.
WI Dog Rescue
Iowa County Humane Society
305 Co. Rd. YZ
Dodgeville, WI. 53533
For additional contacts go to:
Board of Directors and Staff
WI Dog Seller & Dog Facility Operator license #267019-DS
See our exciting Employment Opportunities by clicking here!
Check out our
**Notice for Current Volunteers**Please note that volunteers are restricted to visiting during ICHS open hours ONLY. Thank you!
Find your next pet,