Serving the animals and citizens of Iowa County and its surrounding communities
There is nothing more satisfying than making a lasting difference in the life of an unwanted, homeless or abused animal. As an employee of the Iowa County Humane Society, you will be an important part of our team of dedicated staff who help give around 400 animals each year a chance for a new life in a loving home. If you have a passion for animals and their welfare, possess a positive, upbeat attitude and are a team player, you could be part of the ICHS mission of giving every animal the chance that it deserves!
Iowa County Humane Society is looking for a RELIABLE adult to work the AM shift 20 to 30 hours a week. We work 7 days a week including holidays, with some flexibility on start and end times.
Scope of the Position: The Kennel department is looking for two part time Animal Caretakers. Responsible for providing high quality care to the animals in the shelter. Duties include but are not limited to: daily cleaning of all animal cages and enclosures; providing daily water and appropriate diets to all animals; Communication with Manager regarding behavior and health concerns; handling and restraining animals in a safe and humane manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean and maintain all animal cages, providing proper animal husbandry, following established disease control protocols and using products in a timely manner.
• Provide food and water daily to all animals in accordance with established feeding protocols.
• Handle and restrain animals in a safe and humane manner.
• Promote the mental health of the animals by providing enrichment including exercise, walks, activities, and human companionship.
• Carefully observe animal health and behavior and provide proper communication of such with the Manager.
• Participate in behavior shaping/training of animals to enhance their adoptability.
• Ensure that all animals have blankets or appropriate bedding and toys at all times.
• Must be 18 years or older, with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• High school or equivalent education, with advanced training or experience with a wide variety of animals strongly preferred.
• Acquire and possess a thorough understanding of and dedication to the philosophies of animal welfare.
• Basic knowledge and ability to understand aspects of disease and the causes and treatment of animal-related problems.
• Critical evaluation and observation skills.
• Team oriented with good communication, and people skills.
• Must be able to perform repetitive tasks, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
• Must be able to squat, bend, reach, lift and carry 50 pounds safely, and be active on your feet for 5-6 hours
• Must be able to work in a kennel/shelter setting and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions.
If you are considering employment at ICHS, remember that we work every day including holidays and bad weather days so reliable transportation and an ability to be at work when scheduled is necessary.
For general employment opportunities, please contact Iowa County Humane Society at
(608) 935-1381 or email@example.com for more information or to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of sexual preference, marital status, physical appearance, or any other protection required by local, state and federal law.
Use GoodSearch for internet searchs and earn money for ICHS
Shop using iGive and earn money for ICHS - More than 500 of your favorite stores!
We have chosen Kuranda dog beds because they are so good for our dogs. We don't have enough for all of our kennels. You can help by donating a bed.
WI Dog Rescue
Iowa County Humane Society
305 Co. Rd. YZ
Dodgeville, WI. 53533
For additional contacts go to:
Board of Directors and Staff
WI Dog Seller & Dog Facility Operator license #267019-DS
ICHS Winter Hours:
Please call the shelter to set up a time to meet.
Find out more about volunteering by